Differences Between Compliant and Non-Compliant Label Providers
Regulatory compliance usually involves the information printed on a product label, not the quality or construction of the label itself. However, if the label is of poor quality and fails or falls off, then it becomes a matter of compliance and could result in a costly fine. Non-compliant label suppliers use the cheapest products to arrive at the lowest price, but that low price could come at the cost of penalties and fines from federal regulators. Today, Label Solutions outlines the major differences between compliant and non-compliant label suppliers.
Label Solutions’ Compliant Labels
Here is what a regulatory compliant label from Label Solutions entails:
The substrate is the base material that the ink is printed on. Our durable substrates can withstand long-term usage, abrasion, temperature variation, and both indoor and outdoor applications.
The Right Adhesives
The underside of the substrate is the adhesive, which sticks to the product surface. The right adhesives can be applied quickly during production, and they hold up to 5 years for long-term applications. You can utilize our adhesives even in manufacturing facilities with high amounts of debris, dust, heat, and cold.
UV Protected Inks
A regulatory compliant label also uses UV protected inks. UV protection reduces the effects of sunlight exposure during storage and transportation, and it protects important compliance messaging and branding. These inks have a slower fade rate for font and graphics, and they support a 5-year timeline for durability.
Label Solutions Point of Information: For imprint labels, we never use water-based inks.
More About Label Solutions
- We produce labels to support CGA Industry standards and strict specifications.
- All materials and inks on every label maintain a 5-year warranty. Cylinder circulation may sometimes average 3-5 years before refilling.
- We notify customers of any CGA/DOT/OSHA/FDA changes before they place an order (see more below).
- We conduct extensive multi-year testing to ensure the durability of our cylinder labels. We make sure the right type of material, inks, and adhesives are used to maintain strength.
Compliance labels need to be updated every so often, and we’ll alert you if your order includes a label that is out of compliance. We’ll let you decide how you’d like to proceed with the order and we will work with you to consider your inventory.
Non-Compliant Label Providers
On the flip side, here is what a non-compliant label means:
- Low Quality: Cheaper materials and adhesives will cause the labels to fail in the field (usually the cheaper labels fail around a 12-18-month period)
- Unable to withstand all weather conditions and long-term storage
- Commonly sells as the “Lowest Purchase Price”
- Results in expensive fines and penalties for not following DOT or OSHA compliance
Order Your Custom Labels Today
Label Solutions, Inc. is a full-service custom labeling company with a variety of printing options. We are committed to excellence and staying in compliance across all the industries we serve. Contact our team online or call (800) 299-9200 to place your order today.