Label Solutions Is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise
You may have heard that Label Solutions Inc is a WBE-certified company, but what does that mean exactly? WBE stands for Women’s Business Enterprise. WBE-certified businesses are at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more women.
We are proud to be a WBE-certified business, but there is much more to us than just that. We are a company dedicated to continuing to deliver exceptional product labels for manufacturers and their private label customers.
Karen Stevens, President of Label Solutions
Our president, Karen Stevens, recognizes the importance of continuing to deliver exceptional product labels for manufacturers and their private label customers.
“Earning our WBE certification is an exciting opportunity. As a small business located in Southwest Missouri, this will help us offer even better competitive pricing when bidding on projects against our largest competitors. What’s more, our WBE certification will help several of our largest Fortune 500 accounts achieve their own corporate initiatives.”
--Karen Stevens, President, Label Solutions (at left)
Label Solutions was certified by the Women's Business Development Center-Midwest, a Chicago-based regional partner organization of the Women’s Enterprise National Council (WBENC), utilizing WBENC’s national standard of certification. The process is meticulous and includes an in-depth review of the business to confirm it is at least 51% owned, operated, and controlled by women.
Our company went through a rigorous on-site visit process administered by the Women's Business Development Center-Midwest (WBDC). We also submitted formal documents to the agency.
Before going through the certification process, the WBDC asks three main questions of companies seeking WBE credentials.
- Is your product/service targeted at corporations, retail and/or government agencies?
- Does your business have the capacity to deliver quality service/products on large contracts?
- Are you willing to share the details of your business including capital investment, tax returns, and compensation records?
We answered yes to all three of these.
Benefits of Being a Women-Led Business
While we are proud to be a woman-owned company, our WBE certification also benefits businesses that trust us with printing their labels. Read on to see how your business can take advantage of our certification.
- Your company’s commitment to diversity. When you partner with a woman-owned business, you are demonstrating that your company is committed to working with diverse partners. This can also make you more desirable to work with or for.
- It can help you achieve your company’s initiatives and goals. A growing number of large corporations and many local, state, and federal government projects are requiring companies they do business with a certain percentage of their business dealings to WBE-certified companies.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to receive a copy of our WBE Certificate for your records, please fill out this request form and one will be emailed to you.